Date Specific Adjustment Rule
How do I set promotional rates for special dates?
Do you have certain dates on the calendar that require specific rates? Set a fixed rate or an adjustment to the rate for any set of dates on the calendar.
- From the strategies overlay, click the New button to add a new rule.
- Select Date Specific Adjustment Rule from the dropdown list, to edit the date specific adjustment settings for your strategy.
- Click on the Date Range selector, in order to select the dates that will have their rates adjusted. In the example below, we will be adjusting the rates for the week of Independence Day in the USA, July 4th.
- There is also an option to set a new minimum night stay for the selected dates. This field is not mandatory, so you can leave it blank. In the example below, we have set a minimum night stay requirement of 3 nights.
- Set the adjustment amount to be applied to the specified dates. This can be set as either a fixed rate, an absolute adjustment, or a percentage adjustment based on the nightly rate.
Positive and negative numbers can be entered for the adjustments to represent either an increase or a discount. A negative sign in front of the number, will represent a discount. In the example below, we have set a 20% increase for the nightly rates on the selected dates.
If you wish to leave the rate unchanged for the selected dates, but you wish to enforce a new minimum night stay, then you can enter “0” for the percentage adjustment.
- Click the Save button to save the rule to your strategy.
You have the option of saving your strategy now, and using your strategy as currently composed, or you may continue adding more rules, and fine-tuning other settings in the strategy details. Be sure to review your details and rules settings before clicking the Save button to save the strategy. This will result in new rates being generated for the rental.